TextAloud for Android

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Fret44

TextAloud for Android

Post by Fret44 »

I read on this board that TextAloud for Android was on the list of things the developers were looking at for future development.

Well, I'm a dedicated TextAloud user on my PC, but I'm also an Android user. I desperately want TextAloud on Android.

How desperate? I really want an Android tablet. (I hate Apple stuff, so that's not an option.) But I've been thinking about getting a vastly inferior (and more expensive) Windows 8 tablet for one reason, and one reason only: I could have TextAloud on it.

All the TTS software I've seen for Android is terrible. I use TextAloud because I want my TTS software done right. I've been thinking of paying extra to have a worse tablet, a lousy app store, and worse OS, just so I can use your TTS software. That's how much this software means to me.

So I'm here to ask if you guys are ever going to bring your expertise to Android?
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud for Android

Post by Jim Bretti »

We haven't started anything with Android yet but it is still on the list. We get plenty of requests for it so we'll eventually get to it, but don't have any idea right now on availability.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
drr

Re: TextAloud for Android

Post by drr »

Does anyone know a program tts in android to save audio? Already tested several programs tts in android and none even come close to Textaloud.