Volume Change misbehavior

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

cactushinge

Volume Change misbehavior

Post by cactushinge »

Every once in a while during the last part of our articles or even in the middle after a sentence the volume will change to 100. I will have to put a volume tag before each sentence after incident for the rest of the article. The next sentence will go to 100? I can't figure out what causes this? It doesn't happen often and I do 20 or more per week, but probably because I don't use lower volume for the voices that I use the majority of the time.
Jim Bretti

Re: Volume Change misbehavior

Post by Jim Bretti »

I don't know what would be causing this. Are you able to send me the text of an article where you're seeing the problem? Before sending the article text, first verify that you're able to duplicate the problem consistently. If you have any pronunciation dictionaries created, temporarily disable your pronunciation dictionaries and verify that you're still seeing the problem. At that point, use File -> Save Article As Text File to export the article to a text file, attach the file to a reply, and send to me at jim@nextup.com.

It wouldn't hurt to send a TextAloud problem report as well. So immediately after the problem happens, go to the TextAloud main menu and click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just make a brief reference to this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
cactushinge

Re: Volume Change misbehavior

Post by cactushinge »

Thank you Jim, I will try to find the text. If not I will send you a text if it happens again. Thank you.