Parallelize command line ?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Parallelize command line ?

Postby Rahan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 am

Hi,
I've just purchased TextAloud V3.023 + an additionnal AT&T Voice.
My concern is about the ability of several TACommand instances to interact with TextAllowed :

If I execute TACommand /fromfile="TA.txt" /tofile="TA.mp3" /voice="Microsoft SAM" everything works fine
If I execute 2 instances of TACommand simultaneuously, the second instance will produce an error : "[SafeCall Exception]: BASS_Init failed, Error = 14"

Question 1 : is there a way to have this work ? Before purchasing the CommandLine version, I really need to know if there is a workaround. Using the command line sequentially is not usable for me.
Question 2 : What about the TextAloud 3 API ? I have read the documentation but I didn't find any section talking about the possibility to parallelize the process.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Regards,
Rahan
Rahan

Re: Parallelize command line ?

Postby Jim Bretti » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Rahan,

Unfortunately neither the API or Command line utility support running requests in parallel. I'll look at why you're seeing the BASS initialization error from the command line tool, we should be queueing up requests to run sequentially when the command line tool is used.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Listen and Learn Anywhere
http://www.NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Re: Parallelize command line ?

Postby Rahan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your answer. It would be great to have a FIFO queue at least for not missing the parallel requests.

I'll then look forward for the next versions with full multi-threading support and dynamic forking ;-)

Cheers,
Rahan
Rahan

Return to TextAloud 3 Forum