NextUp Pronunciation Editor and Numbers

NextUp Talker is a Text To Speech application specifically designed for people who have temporarily or permanently lost their voice. With natural, human sounding voices and convenient shortcuts to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases, NextUp Talker allows you to easily communicate with others despite vocal impairments.

Moderators: D.Leikin, kdwhite, Jim Bretti

HiLife

NextUp Pronunciation Editor and Numbers

Post by HiLife »

I've looked at several of the posts concerning Regular Expressions and the Pronunciation Editor. I'm embarassed to say that I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it.. :oops:

I've got a trial version of NextUp Talker (1.042) and we are having trouble with the numbers. This version seems to get the dates and currency right. But I'm having trouble with long numbers that we need to read as single digits. So instead of One hundred twenty three thousand, four hundred and fifty six (123456), I need the numbers repeated as one, two, three, four, five, six. These numbers can be many different lengths and occasionally start with a letter.

The other numeric issue we have is Social Security Numbers. We also would like these pronounced as single digits with the word "dash" in between numbers instead of the word "hyphen". As default in the program, a SSN number is pronounced as One Hundred Twenty Three, forty five, Six Thousand, Seven Hundred, Eighty Nine (123-45-6789).

Please help a newb with expressions, sell your software to our company and I'll owe ya a beer!

TIA
HiLife

Re: NextUp Pronunciation Editor and Numbers

Post by HiLife »

I finally found most of what I wanted in this post:

http://nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php? ... 579&p=8613

But this messes with pronouncing year numbers.

Any help Please?