Error message when changing or using a voice

NextUp Talker is a Text To Speech application specifically designed for people who have temporarily or permanently lost their voice. With natural, human sounding voices and convenient shortcuts to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases, NextUp Talker allows you to easily communicate with others despite vocal impairments.

Moderators: D.Leikin, kdwhite, Jim Bretti

maassmi

Error message when changing or using a voice

Post by maassmi »

Hello out there,

I have been using Next Up Talker for quite some time after cancer took my ability to speak away from me. Suddenly yesterday I started getting an error message when I was using the AT&T Mike voice. The error message is: OLE error8000FFFF. After reinstalling the voice(s) as directed with needing to install AT&T Crystal first, from disk, then directly from the internet I would continue to receive this error message. I am still able to use other voices that came preloaded with Next Up Talker, along with Crystal. Then when I go back to Mike, upon selection of Mike, I get the error message again. Once I delete the error message and try using the voice I get a new message that states that the TTS is not active. Help please...
Jim Bretti

Re: Error message when changing or using a voice

Post by Jim Bretti »

Sorry we missed responding to this post. If you're still seeing this problem, one possible cause is that the speed and pitch sliders may be set to values that are not supported by the voice. See if adjusting the speed and/or pitch sliders helps. If it doesn't help send me an email at jim@nextup.com and we'll look into it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
ednashirley

Post by ednashirley »

Ohh really, I am searching for the Next Up Talker for my grandpa. Is it safe to use.? Please any one let me know. I am waiting for your reply.
Thank you :)
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Yes, we still support NextUp Talker. It runs in trial mode for something like 20 or 30 days, so you might want to try installing it from our download page at http://nextup.com/download.html and give it a try. When you're confident the program does what you're looking for you can purchase additional voices if you'd like.

Let me know if you need help.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com