Watching Special Exemptions

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

ITPhDude

Watching Special Exemptions

Post by ITPhDude »

I am curious if there is a way for me to program TextAloud 3.0.9, that is set to watch both my copied text to clipboard as well as to read whatever is highlighted and have the pop-up window come up. I don't recall the name of that function at the moment. My issue is this. I want TextAloud to monitor the application Firefox text, however, if I click on a link or want to bookmark a link, then TextAloud will read it to me. It is frustrating. Therefore, I would like to know if there is a way to tell TextAloud to monitor Firefox, but ignore links for example. I know I can do it with the copy function by saying ignore after I copy it and the popup comes up before it reads, however, with the other function TextAloud just reads. Thank you and I hope there is some workaround.

Ryan.
Jim Bretti

Re: Watching Special Exemptions

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Ryan,

Not sure I'm following, but it sounds like you're using the Watch Clipboard function, and maybe you're also using the Watch Mouse to read text that as you highlight it? Is this right? One thing that I don't understand is why you're not being prompted before speaking starts. If you're using the Watch Mouse function and have mouse speak prompting enabled, you should be prompted before speaking starts, and have the opportunity to have TextAloud ignore links you highlight.

On filtering ... the only way to filter or exclude text from these functions is to look on the Tools -> Clipboard and Mouse Speak Options dialog. There are separate tabs for clipboard and mouse options. You may be able to use the option "Ignore Clipboard Text less than xx characters", along with "Ignore highlighted text less than xx characters". If the links you're copying are less than the length values specified, the clipboard / mouse functions should ignore the links.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com