Help with error message?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Scrappi Sapi

Help with error message?

Post by Scrappi Sapi »

I am running Windows XP. I keep my registry as clean as I can with CCleaner, and frequently run Malwarebytes, yet every time I try to select SAPI-5 voices, whether it is in Text-Aloud, or D-Speech or any program of this nature, I always get the following error: Run-time error '380': Invalid property value.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Please keep in mind I am not a computer programmer, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Scrappi Sapi

Re: Help with error message?

Post by Scrappi Sapi »

:oops:
Last edited by Scrappi Sapi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

That error doesn't sound familiar. Since you're running windows XP, one thing you can try is the FixRegistry utility, see the post at http://nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6075, there are instructions for using this utility near the bottom of the page.

If the FixRegistry utility doesn't help, we write debug files from TextAloud that may help with figuring out what is happening. Duplicate the error, then click Help -> Open Data Folder from the TextAloud Help menu. In the folder displayed, locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg. Please attach these files to an email and send to me at jim@nextup.com. Also in your email, let me know about any errors reported by the FixRegistry utility.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Scrappi Sapi

Post by Scrappi Sapi »

Jim, thank you very much for your work in helping to resolve my issue through emails. May I say that you are proof to me that NextUp is dedicated to their customers and stands behind their products. Thanks again. :D :D :D