TextAloud Version 3.0.22 is available

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jim Bretti

TextAloud Version 3.0.22 is available

Post by Jim Bretti »

You can download TextAloud version 3.0.22 from: http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe

Release notes are at http://tinyurl.com/ta3releasenotes1
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
virtualjosh

Re: TextAloud Version 3.0.22 is available

Post by virtualjosh »

This uopgrade messed up my hotkeys and toolbars:

I have found yet another problem with the new release. I attach a screenshot. I'll explain how to duplicate:

I have a hotkey [F4] mapped to read text using NeoSpeech Julie 16. When I hit [F4] it works normally. If I let it read to the very end, there is no conflict. However, if I "interrupt" and re-press [F4] before Julie finishes reading the previously highlighted text, I get the attached system error. At this point, I have to manually close and reopen TA to fix, which is ANNOYING.

This behavior worked fine before I upgraded to 3.0.22. Unfortunately, I can't say which version I had prior to the upgrade. It was a 3.0.x - that much I know.

I tested the "interrupt" hotkey with other voices (Acapela Heather and Scansoft Paulina), and there is no conflict. The "interrupt" works as expected. I didn't test on other NeoSpeech voices since Julie is the only one I have installed.

--------------------------------------------------

Another issue, when reading highlighted text using the hotkeys, the toolbars are "inactive". I cant even hit STOP on the toolbar. This also worked fine on my previous version. The Outlook toolbar is oblivious. On Firefox, hitting STOP throws the attached Exception Component error.

----------------------------------------------------

You guys seem to have screwed up quite a few things with the new upgrade. I am frustrated and disappointed. Please give me a download link to a previous version of TA coz these quirks are unacceptable.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Sorry about the problems.

Would you please duplicate the hotkey problem with Julie, and after the error occurs, send me a problem report from TextAloud. So after you close and reopen TA, go to the TextAloud main window and click Help -> Support -> Report a Problem. Just reference this issue in the problem report text.

From the problem report I may be able to tell which update is affecting Neospeech Julie like this, and either fix the problem or give you a link to a version that works.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

This problem is fixed in version 3.0.23
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com