Add button

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

OLINEA

Add button

Post by OLINEA »

I am trying to automatically insert pause tags into various places in a given document. I know that I have done it before, but, for some reason, I can't find the "Add" button. The directions state that to automatically add pause insertions, you need to either go to Edit on the menu and click Add, or to hit the add button on the toolbar. I don't see either one. I'm not sure what I've done since I originally did it to now that would make it disappear. Also, I can't find anything regarding editing the automatic text insertions. If someone could please help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks - T.J.
Jim Bretti

Re: Add button

Post by Jim Bretti »

To insert tags from the TextAloud menu you can click Insert Tags -> Pause. If you want to use a toolbar button, click View on the TextAloud toolbar, and click Toolbar Options -> Toolbars, and make sure the "Tags" toolbar is checked. The Tags toolbar should have the button you're looking for.

Let me know if this doesn't help
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
OLINEA

Post by OLINEA »

I appreciate the information you provided; however, I was refering to automatic pause insertions, not manually inserting pause tags, one at a time. I know about using the pause feature if I want to insert a pause at a point that is not pre-defined. I want to insert the pause feature automartically after every sentence and every paragraph. According to the instructions, it says to use the add button found under the edit heading. I know that I have seen the "add" feature before; however, I cannot find it, and that includes following your directons in your post. If you could provide any more information on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks - T.J.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Sorry about the misunderstanding. From the TextAloud main window, click Tools -> Text Processing -> Pauses and Text Insertions. This is the dialog used for configuring automatic pauses. There should be a few predefined pauses in the list, you can just edit / enable these by clicking the checkbox to the left, or use the Add button to add new ones.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com