Single Quote is pronounced

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

icdrksilver

Single Quote is pronounced

Post by icdrksilver »

The Single Quote is pronounced when ’ is used. This has happened in the last several months since I have been a TextAloud 3 user. When using contractions with ’, it is pronounce as Single Quote T. I didn’t do it? Comes across as I didn Single Quote T do it? In addition, this also happens when ’ is used a quote in side a quote. I had to manually do a replace all from ’ to ' to fix the voice in all my documents. Any suggestions for a fix?
Jim Bretti

Re: Single Quote is pronounced

Post by Jim Bretti »

Do you have any pronunciation dictionaries created? I'm wondering if this could be a side effect of one your pronunciation dictionary entries. If you have any active dictionaries, try disabling them temporarily, and see if that has any effect on the problem.

If that doesn't help could you please send me a sample article so I can take a look it? Load a TextAloud article with a small sample of text where you're having this problem, then use File -> Save Article As Text File. Attach the text file to an email and send it to me at jim@nextup.com

In your email, please include which version of TextAloud you're using (Help -> About from the TA main window)

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
icdrksilver

Re: Single Quote is pronounced

Post by icdrksilver »

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the dictionary prior to contacting TextAloud. I forgot to mention that problem exist only with the Ryan22 and Heather22 voices. If I use a ' instead of ’, the problem is resolved. However, I have to do this with every document. I do not remember experiencing this problem when I was trying out TextAloud 2. The Sample Quote Examples have been forwarded to your email for review.

TextAloud Version 3.0.35
Acapela Voice Ryan22
Acapela Heather22
OS Windows 7

Thanks again for your help.