Firefox toolbar: change color or skin?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Janlo

Firefox toolbar: change color or skin?

Post by Janlo »

Is it/would it be possible to change the color of the Firefox toolbar to match the skins of TA or my other Firefox toolbars?

TIA, Judith

ETA: I'm still using Firefox version 3.6.17 (don't want to upgrade) and TA's toolbar works fine, I'd just like to change the color.
Jim Bretti

Re: Firefox toolbar: change color or skin?

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Judith,

There is not a way to manually adjust the background color for the Toolbar. But I have tried installing various Firefox add-on themes, and the background color of TextAloud Toolbar matches the installed theme. Is this the problem you're having?

If this is the problem we may need to wait until you decide to upgrade, I don't know why it wouldn't work in older versions of Firefox. Let me know if I misunderstood the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Janlo

Post by Janlo »

I'm able to choose different skins for the main window of TA which is wonderful. It's the just the color/skin of the toolbar for Firefox that I'm not able to customize. It remains a pale blue lavender.

J.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Just in case this isn't clear, setting the skins / colors for the TextAloud main window does not have any effect on the TextAloud Toolbar for Firefox, or any of the other external toolbars. If you customize the Firefox gui by installing a theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/themes/), the TextAloud toolbar should display to match the installed theme. So changing the Firefox theme will change the background color of the TA Toolbar. I haven't tried this in Firefox 3, but I think it would work.

It sounds like you'd like to manually adjust the color / skin of the Firefox toolbar by itself ... there is currently not a way to do that.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Janlo

Post by Janlo »

Jim, I am using a theme: Foxdie Graphite, in amber colors. I love it and it's mainly because the developer has not upgraded it to be compatible with later versions of Firefox that I stay in version 3.6.17....
ETA: I'm in the process of upgrading to FF 10. Will see what happens...
- - - - - -
The developer made Foxie compatible with vers. 8-10 but not customizable as to color. Nevertheless I stick with it. The TA toolbar looks good.
Thanks for your help, Jim!