Epub no longer working...?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

sage2x

Epub no longer working...?

Post by sage2x »

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere; I searched but couldn't find any mention of it.

Using 3037, I used to be able to open epub files in TA without having to convert them to a different format. Now I get an error message that says "The document could not be opened. The file format is not recognized." I installed 3038 and get the same error. I even did a full uninstall and reinstall from scratch with no luck. I'm running windows vista and I can't imagine what has changed to mess this up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Bretti

Re: Epub no longer working...?

Post by Jim Bretti »

Its possible we're having trouble with specific epub documents. If you're able to email a document you're having problems with, could you send to me at jim@nextup.com? I'll take a look at it here and see if I can figure out what the problem is.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
sage2x

Re: Epub no longer working...?

Post by sage2x »

Hi, thanks for the response! You're right -- last night I tested a whole bunch of different epub files in TA and the vast majority work fine! (I should have done so before posting to the forum, oops.) I suspect a conversion error in an old version of Calibre might be to blame, but if it's isolated to just a few files, then no worries. Reconverting is easily done.