How can I show the 1st sentence of text as an MP3 tag?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

todsandberg

How can I show the 1st sentence of text as an MP3 tag?

Post by todsandberg »

Is there a way to write the first line of a section of text to an MP3 tag like the MP3 Title?

In the example below, is there a way to make "Habit 1: Collect" show up in the title of the mp3 tag?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tod

EXAMPLE:
==========================================================
ZTD REVIEW - Forming the 10 Habits
{{split}}

Habit 1: Collect
Keep a notebook with you at all times and whenever a thought occurs to you that you’ll need to recall later, write it down immediately. That includes ideas, tasks to be done, things you want to investigate later, little facts you need to remember, and so on. Get it down on paper. I’ve grown into the habit of keeping a notebook in my pocket at all times and it’s become invaluable to me.
{{split}}

Habit 2: Process
When you get home, whip out that notebook and process all of the stuff in it. Decide if it can be handled quickly (like with a quick action to finish up a task or a quick web search to find a fact), needs to be filed, needs to be given to someone else, can be tossed (because it was useless), or needs to be handled with some focused attention. Get through everything in your notebook at once – and in all of your other message spots, too, like your email, your text messages, and your voicemail. You should be assembling a list of things to do out of this.
{{split}}

Habit 3: Plan
Each day, you should have one to three Important Tasks that you really need to get done that day. Those tasks should be the first ones on your to-do list for that day. Those are your rocks – the centerpieces of your day. After that, you should fill your day with the sand – smaller tasks on your to-do list that fill in the space around the rocks. For example, my “rocks” are usually Simple Dollar posts or articles (or other such content creation), while my “sand” is stuff like correspondence with readers. Have a list of “rocks” for each day – one to three key tasks – and then a list of “sand” to fill in the gaps.
{{split}}
Jim Bretti

Re: How can I show the 1st sentence of text as an MP3 tag?

Post by Jim Bretti »

Unfortunately there is currently not a way to do this. Its a nice idea though, I'll add it to our enhancement list to look at in future versions.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
todsandberg

Re: How can I show the 1st sentence of text as an MP3 tag?

Post by todsandberg »

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your consideration!