Speech Error: OLE error 8004503A

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

prayergarden

Speech Error: OLE error 8004503A

Post by prayergarden »

I am able to open textAloud; but it crashes when I try to check an article getting the following error messages:
1. Speech Error: TextAloud has detected the following audio device problem on your system: The wave device is not supported.
2. Speech Error: OLE error 8004503A (Error 8004503A).

System: Lenovo E420 / I-5 / windows 8 / 64 bit / sound Conexant 20671 SmartAudio HD / I have tried different configurations of the sound system; I have uninstalled and re-installed the sound drivers; windows update and Lenovo driver update completed, disk checked and scanned for virus. I have read and did the things suggested FAQ and articles on sound and audio problems.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated; especially from anyone with a Lenovo E420.

Thanks

prayergarden
Jim Bretti

Re: Speech Error: OLE error 8004503A

Post by Jim Bretti »

There may be more than one problem going on, but sounds like at least one of the problems has to do with the audio setup / hardware on your system. Try the audio troubleshooting guide at http://nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6077 and see if that helps with Problem 1.

If it doesn't help with both problems, please send a problem report from TextAloud (Help -> Support -> Report A Problem). In the problem report text, reference this issue, and let me know if you were able to make any progress with Problem 1.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com