Can't add Delete All

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

esnipes

Can't add Delete All

Post by esnipes »

I've gone through the help file and all the menu options, but can't find a way to add 'Delete All' to the toolbar. Can anyone advise how to do this?

Thanks.
Jim Bretti

Re: Can't add Delete All

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNeco3A ... r_embedded that walks through the process of adding a button to the toolbar. Let me know if this doesn't help
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
esnipes

Post by esnipes »

Unfortunately, it does not help. The video instructs users to click on the drop down arrow on the toolbar, but there is no drop down arrow. Here's a screen capture that shows it.
http://www.eddiesnipes.com/pics/textaloud.jpg

According to the video, there should be a dropdown arrow beside the Delete button - and another one at the end of that row of icons. As you can see from the screenshot, this is not an option. This is a brand new computer install and TextAloud was just installed from nextup.com website, so maybe they have changed the software.

BTW, my version is 3.0.55.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I see what the problem is ... you're using TextAloud in screenreader compatibility mode. When running in this mode the toolbars cannot currently be customized. I'm sorry I didn't think to ask about that ... we need to update our help (and the video) to make this clear.

We'll look at adding support for toolbar customizations in screenreader mode in a future version of TextAloud.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
esnipes

Post by esnipes »

Yes, that was it. I don't even know what screen reader compatibility is for, but I disabled it and now I'm seeing what I expected to see from my previous install. I'm glad you caught that.