Clipboard monitor inserting carriage returns.

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Fret44

Clipboard monitor inserting carriage returns.

Post by Fret44 »

I don't recall changing anything, but all of a sudden -- just as of today -- the clipboard monitor has begun inserting CR+LF [CR (U+000D) followed by LF (U+000A)] at the beginning of all copied text. (At least I think that's what's happening.) This is a problem because now Textaloud skips the first letter of every article, which means it mispronounces the first letter of every article. Hence if I copied this paragraph, and it was captured by the monitor, Textaloud would skip the word "I" in "I don't recall." But if I manually copy and paste this paragraph, not relying on the clipboard monitor, everything would work fine.

Any idea what's going on here? And how to fix it? It's really maddening. Thanks!
Jim Bretti

Re: Clipboard monitor inserting carriage returns.

Post by Jim Bretti »

We did update the Append function to include a CR/LF in a recent update. Creating new articles from the clipboard monitor has not changed. Either way, it doesn't explain dropping a character like you're seeing, so not sure what is happening.

Would you duplicate the problem and send me the debug logs from TextAloud? From the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Open Data Folder. Locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg, attach them to an email, and send to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Fret44

Post by Fret44 »

I'm wondering if the CR/LF that's included now in the append was interacting with a pronunciation dictionary regular expression. I cleaned out a handful last night, and I haven't seen the glitch since then.

That said, I updated the program to the latest a while ago, and this glitch didn't appear until yesterday. So I'm a bit perplexed.

If the glitch returns, I will certainly send you the debug logs.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

That does sound very strange. Let me know if you see it again.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com