to sort entries of Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

lune

to sort entries of Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance?

Post by lune »

I am German und only I can speak or understand a very very little of English. (Therefor: Excuse please my mistakes here!)
I find text aloud wonderful, but I need a very big German Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance.
It would be a great help to gather and sort the German entries. Is there a possibility of this?
(If not, I propose to install that. Many Germans could gather many entries for a great German Dictionary.)
Jim Bretti

Re: to sort entries of Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance?

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is currently not a way to sort pronunciation dictionary entries. This is a very frequently requested feature, and we plan to add it in a future version of TextAloud.

For now, in case you haven't seen this already, there is a button labeled "Show Filter" in the pronunciation dictionary main window that allows you to filter the entries displayed. It is not as helpful as sorting but may be good enough to help deal with a large number of dictionary entries. Another thing that may possibly help is to group related dictionary entries in separate dictionaries. If you create additional pronunciation dictionaries, you can drag and drop dictionary entries between dictionaries to set them up.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com