The Speech engine created an empty audio file

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

billo255

The Speech engine created an empty audio file

Post by billo255 »

I use the TextAloud add-on to read text from inside of MS Word which is much easier to use for that feature then Nuance DNS. TextAloud allows me to use the ScanSoft, Inc. voices (Samantha / Serena) that came with Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro (v12.5) within Word and also when I use TextAloud as a standalone application. Recently I tried to convert text files to audio files using one of the ScanSoft voices within TextAloud and I repeatedly received the error "The speech engine created an empty audio file". On a whim I changed the voice to Microsoft Anna and TextAloud flew through the text to audio conversion.

I really would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard then Microsoft Anna so I'm just checking to see if there is a workaround to this or is this a ScanSoft licensing limitation?

Thank you
TextAloud version 3.0.62
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Jim Bretti

Re: The Speech engine created an empty audio file

Post by Jim Bretti »

We write debug information from TextAloud that may give me a better idea of what the problem could be. Please duplicate the problem, then, from the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Open Data Folder. In the folder displayed, locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg.

Please attach these four files to a reply and send them to me at jim@nextup.com

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com