How do I pick up proofreading after one day inactivity

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

dcanaan

How do I pick up proofreading after one day inactivity

Post by dcanaan »

I proofread 16 chapters (of 29) of my book yesterday, However, I cannot get the program to restart at Chapter 17. It keeps on returning to the book's beginning. The program retained the entire book as a text file. How do I restart at Chapter 17?
Quantum

Re: How do I pick up proofreading after one day inactivity

Post by Quantum »

One way is to insert a bookmark at the position required for restart.
Insert tags => add bookmark
Quantum aka DaveH
Jim Bretti

Re: How do I pick up proofreading after one day inactivity

Post by Jim Bretti »

In addition to the previous replies ...

If your book is loaded into one or more TextAloud articles, you should be able to pause or stop speaking, exit TextAloud, and click Resume when you restart TextAloud. If speaking was paused or stopped when TextAloud exits, we should be saving the current position in the article. When you restart TextAloud, the application should scroll to your current position in the article and enable the Resume button. So Resume will continue where you left off, and the Speak button will start at the top of the article.

Also, since the article should automatically scroll to your last position when you restart TextAloud, you can also position your cursor to where you want to begin speaking, and click the "Cursor" button. You can always use Speak From Cursor to speak from any position in the text.

Let me know if that isn't working for you.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com