German voices Klara and Reiner are pronouncing very bad

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Silke

German voices Klara and Reiner are pronouncing very bad

Post by Silke »

I thougt to invest a little money to have nice voices. So I bought natural voices in german and english. The english I can't judge, but the germans are very bad. Their pronounciatian is much less then Hedda. Every 3 or 4 lines I have to correct a word.
So I have several questions:

Is there a possibility to save the dictionary, because it is very much work to correct the words and I won't loose it, if the computer crashs?

Are their dictionaries to buy or to import, so Klara and Reiner can learn a little better the german language?

Thanks for your answer
Silke
Last edited by Silke on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Bretti

Re: German voices Klara and Reiner are pronouncing very bad

Post by Jim Bretti »

On your question about saving the dictionary, here is how you can find where TextAloud is saving the dictionaries you create. From the TextAloud main window, click Help -> Open Data Folder. You'll see a Dictionaries folder located in the folder displayed.

Just make regular backups of this folder to prevent losing your dictionary changes. If you ever need to restore dictionaries from a backup, make sure Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance is not open, click Help -> Open Data Folder from the main window, and restore the Dictionaries folder. You can restore the folder, or individual dictionary files in the folder.

If you're having this much trouble with the voices, it may be worth trying to uninstall / reinstall the voices, just to see if it is a problem with the installation. Maybe a longshot but its worth a try.

If reinstalling doesn't help send an email to support@nextup.com and support desk will work with you.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Silke

Re: German voices Klara and Reiner are pronouncing very bad

Post by Silke »

Thanks. :)