Something changed after 3.0.76

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Ian72

Something changed after 3.0.76

Post by Ian72 »

Hey

Ive been using TA with the keyboard hotkey feature for years now, I simply have "CTRL A" read text and "CTRL S" stop reading. Every build since 3.0.76 has inserted a 1-2 second delay in the speech being read.

I get the same result whether using my home or work PC, Was something changed to this feature?

is there a work around or fix?

tia
Jim Bretti

Re: Something changed after 3.0.76

Post by Jim Bretti »

There was an update in TA version 3.0.84 related to hotkey performance, but I can't think of anything that would go back as far as 3.0.76. There have been very few TA updates related to hotkey processing.

Have you tried experimenting with different hotkey combinations? Also, does it make any difference which application you're using the hotkey with? Do you see the delay when using your hotkey with Notepad?

Only other thing I can suggest is to submit a TextAloud problem report, maybe something will show up in the logs that points at the problem. To submit the report do this: First exit and restart TextAloud. Then, try your speak hotkey 3 or 4 times, waiting about 10 seconds or so between each try.

Next, from the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and in the problem report text, just make a brief reference to this issue.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Ian72

Post by Ian72 »

Jim Bretti wrote:There was an update in TA version 3.0.84 related to hotkey performance, but I can't think of anything that would go back as far as 3.0.76. There have been very few TA updates related to hotkey processing.

Have you tried experimenting with different hotkey combinations? Also, does it make any difference which application you're using the hotkey with? Do you see the delay when using your hotkey with Notepad?

Only other thing I can suggest is to submit a TextAloud problem report, maybe something will show up in the logs that points at the problem. To submit the report do this: First exit and restart TextAloud. Then, try your speak hotkey 3 or 4 times, waiting about 10 seconds or so between each try.

Next, from the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and in the problem report text, just make a brief reference to this issue.
Thanks for replying

I tried the suggestions, unfortunately I had the same outcome (even after trying on a third PC), I will as recommended submit a problem report but should amend that 3.0.76 was the last good working build (for me) and not the start of the problem.

Many thanks again.

edit..

To make sure it wasnt software related, Ive just ran TA in a fresh win10 VM and recorded the same problem with the latest build.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

We're testing a fix for the problem reported by Ian72. If you run into this issue or want to try the update, you can download from http://nextup.com/files/ta3.exe, (TextAloud version 3.0.96.1)

TextAloud hotkeys seem to be more responsive with this update.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com