How to stop TA from pausing at end of every line or carriage return.

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Clifw0186

How to stop TA from pausing at end of every line or carriage return.

Post by Clifw0186 »

I cannot find a way to stop TA from constantly pausing at every carriage return and between some words. Have tried all I could fine in various parts of the tools but nothing seems to matter. It drives me crazy. How can I stop this?

Also, after finishing reading a portion of an article, there is a several minute pause then it starts to read it again after deleted. Clearly the clipboard is not being cleared after reading an article. At one time I could just highlight text with mouse and TA would read it. No more. Now I have to copy it to the clipboard. Watch mouse does not cause reading. Have to copy to clipboard first. These problems are new and not sure why or how to fix them.
Thanks, Clif
Jim Bretti

Re: How to stop TA from pausing at end of every line or carriage return.

Post by Jim Bretti »

See if this forum post helps with the problem you're having with voices pausing at newline characters: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6934

I'm not sure about the other problems, it is possible there are configuration settings that are related. First, make sure you're running the current version of TextAloud. Click Help -> About from the menu, and if your version is earlier than 3.0.106, install the latest version using the installer at http://nextup.com/files/ta3.exe. Just install on top of the version you have installed, there is no need to uninstall.

If you're seeing these problems in 3.0.106, first check that you have either Watch Mouse or Watch Clipboard enabled, not both. Having both enabled can cause some conflicts.

If you still have the problem with text being read multiple times, look at your Clipboard Options panel (under the Tools menu). Look for the checkbox labeled "Ignore Clipboard Updates if text has not changed", and try selecting this checkbox if it is not already selected. This may help with the duplicates.

And finally, if you want to try getting speaking with your mouse working, first, disable Watch Clipboard, then enable Watch Mouse. Look at the Mouse Speak Options panel, under the tools menu. In the Prompt Options group box, the checkbox Prompt to copy text from clipboard should *not* be checked. The Default Action, in the same groupbox, should be set to Speak Text.

Let me know what you find.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com