Floating Toolbar

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

malcolmd

Floating Toolbar

Post by malcolmd »

The floating toolbar is not working for me. I am able to Stop/Pause but that's about it. Changing a voice, while it is speaking from the main window simply stops everything. Also, the 'speak' button on the floating toolbar appears inoperative. Speak has to be started from the main window.
Jim Bretti

Re: Floating Toolbar

Post by Jim Bretti »

Lets look at the speak button just to start. First, from the TextAloud main window, click Help -> About and check if you have Beta 26 installed. If you have an earlier beta, update to beta 26 using the installer at http://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe.

Make sure the speak button on the floating toolbar does not work with beta 26 installed. Try the floating toolbar speak button several times, trying to speak selected text in different applications. Then from the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. In the problem report text mention this issue, and let me know if the floating toolbar speak button works with some applications and not others, or if it never works at all.

Next, in the TextAloud main window, click the Settings button, and in the left pane, select Advanced Settings. Near the bottom you'll see an entry labeled "Floating Toolbar Processing Delay". Try setting that delay to 1000 and see if it makes any difference with the speak button.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
malcolmd

Post by malcolmd »

I tried this without success. I have sent the "Report A Problem" from within the program beta 28
malcolmd

Post by malcolmd »

Jim has pointed out that, in order for the Floating Toolbar to work, text you wish to speak must be selected in the program you wish it to speak from.