Speed bug with Acapela voices

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

m3ta

Speed bug with Acapela voices

Post by m3ta »

I use Acapela Graham, and the speed tag and bar have no affect on the voice at all. I can change the default Microsoft voices' speed but no luck with Acapela
Jim Bretti

Re: Speed bug with Acapela voices

Post by Jim Bretti »

That is an odd problem. I just tried Acapela Graham on a test system here, and both speed tags and speed slider control are working normally. It may be a problem related to your Acapela voice install. Try uninstalling the voice and reinstall, and see if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't help please send a TextAloud problem report. From the TextAloud main menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and make a brief reference to this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

Not able to download the voice again. I bought it 10 days ago, now when I click on the link in the email it says

Grahamkt.exe (Not Available)
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

I bought the set of variations of Will voices too for $50, none of them are affected by speed or volume either, only Microsoft Zira and David change speed (tags and slider)

I also notice the microsoft voices have a slider for pitch, but the acapela voices do not.
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and voices, same issue. I have even tried on a whole different computer and still having the issue.
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

Found the issue!

It seems for acapela voices, it only works -10 to 10

as soon as you go outside of these to say -30 or -11 or 25 or 11 it has no affect on the voice at all.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks, that explains it. I'll update the next TextAloud version to internally use min/max speeds of -10 / 10 for Acapela.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

The update I mentioned for this problem is available now in version 4.0.15, at https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe. Let me know if you still see the issue in this version.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

Thank you so much for keeping this software updated! Awesome developer who cares about his product!