newest version 4.0.17 not reloading voices in Word

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Accurare

newest version 4.0.17 not reloading voices in Word

Post by Accurare »

When trying to load voices in Word, the app would continually launch the main TextAloud app, so I re-installed the .16 version. Something similar happened with the .13 version and I reverted to the .12 until .14 was released and .14, 15 and 16 work fine with my Word. I'm fine with waiting it out with version 16 until 18 comes along - but thought it might be important for you to know.
Jim Bretti

Re: newest version 4.0.17 not reloading voices in Word

Post by Jim Bretti »

That is actually how things currently work. All the TextAloud add-ins communicate with TextAloud to get the list of installed voices. So it is normal that expanding the voice dropdown currently causes TextAloud to start.

We may change how that works in future updates, but if it is causing problems let me know.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Accurare

Re: newest version 4.0.17 not reloading voices in Word

Post by Accurare »

yes, I understand that the main program needs to run when reloading voices and normally it will do this, as I understand, or that it can do this task while being minimized on the toolbar, and what I meant to convey in my first post is that it goes from active but minized on the taskbar to launching itself in all its glory when I simply go to reload the voices in the word add-in and for me this is different than usual as the main program would not need to expand itself in order to accomplish reloading in the word add-in, but like I say, I revered to the previous version, which doesnt exhibit this behavior, if there is no other reporting this problem then it is an anamoly with my system, and as before it will probably resolve through a windows update or some mysterious intervention at the quantum level of life - but no worries, I'm good.