Need Extension for BRAVE Browser

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

rtrumbore

Need Extension for BRAVE Browser

Post by rtrumbore »

Hi Jim,

Please explain how I can get the TextAloud extension to install on the BRAVE Browser.

Thanks.

Richard
Jim Bretti

Re: Need Extension for BRAVE Browser

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Richard,

I'm not familiar with the Brave browser, I'll need to investigate. I noticed that Brave supports Chrome extensions, so you might be able to get TAForChrome.xpi, located in the TextAloud install directory, loaded into Brave. But I will need to do some checking on how the extension communicates with the TextAloud application ... I don't know the answer to that now.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
rtrumbore

Post by rtrumbore »

I can't locate a file named TAForChrome.xpi on my computer. will you please email me a copy or post one.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Sorry, my mistake. I had Chrome confused with Firefox. If you want to try installing the Chrome extension manually you can install it directly from the chrome store at this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dollcfnidj

The extension is marked as private since it only works with TextAloud, so you won't find the extension by searching for it, you need to use the link. The extension is going to be looking for the chrome part of the install that talks to TextAloud, so it may turn out that the extension appears in Brave but won't work.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com