Hissing voices

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

eric1937smith

Hissing voices

Post by eric1937smith »

I have a hissing problem with the French letters s, ss, c and x on my HP ZBook laptop that I can't solve. Examples are the French words chausseure, soupçonner, assiette, and soixante. I have used four Acapela French voices for years and have solved the problem by simply copying my text, opening a new article, then pasting to it. But after recovering from a hard disk crash in May, reloading Textaloud, then updating to 4.0.32, I can't rid the playback of the hissing. Any suggestions?
eric1937smith

Re: Hissing voices

Post by eric1937smith »

I've checked further and found that articles I created as recently as 27 June 2019 have no hissing when played back. What could have happened to my version of TextAloud since then? I did not change the voices or sound sources. Should I try reinstalling TextAloud?
Jim Bretti

Re: Hissing voices

Post by Jim Bretti »

I don't know what could be causing the hiss. It might help to try this, first load a TextAloud article with just a few sentences that have the hiss problem. Speak the text, and after speaking has finished, go to the TextAloud menu and click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just make a reference to this issue in the problem report text.

After sending the problem report, go back to the TextAloud main window and export the article to a text file (File -> Save Article as Text File). Attach the text file to an email and send to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com