TextAloud 4.0.47 Clipboard Watch

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

bgeller

TextAloud 4.0.47 Clipboard Watch

Post by bgeller »

Has anyone else had issues with TextAloud 4.0.47 and the clipboard watch feature? After updating to 4.0.47 the clipboard watch feature stopped working. I tried: restarting the application, restarting the computer and reinstalling 4.0.47 all to no avail. Downgrading to 40.0.44 (could not find installers to 4.0.46 or 4.0.45 online) resolved the issue. I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.0.47, as I want to avoid deactivation and reactivation issues.
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud 4.0.47 Clipboard Watch

Post by Jim Bretti »

I'm researching this problem, so far I have not been able to duplicate myself.

Does it make any difference if the TextAloud main window is displayed or minimized?

Also, please do this. Exit TextAloud and restart, just to clear the logs. After restarting, copy different selections of text to the clipboard several seconds apart. Then from the TextAloud main menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and mention this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
bgeller

Post by bgeller »

I have uploaded the logs. I tested both having the TA widow displayed and minimized same issue for both.
bgeller

Post by bgeller »

It looks like sometimes the window will appear for less than a second. Here is a recording, see flash at about the 3 second mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-RACm ... e=youtu.be

I double-checked that my clipboard watch was set to 3 seconds.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for the debug information. The problem is fixed in version 4.0.48, installer at https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com