beginning of .txt file missing from .mp3 conversion

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jane1book

beginning of .txt file missing from .mp3 conversion

Post by Jane1book »

I first purchased TextAloud3 in 2014. I have been using it extensively for years. I have converted many 100's of .txt files to audio books. I use regular expressions and have an extensive dictionary. I feel comfortable with TextAloud and it has worked great in the past.

My problems started when I tried to use TextAloud4 to convert a .txt file to .mp3 files.

When I use TextAloud 4 to convert .txt files to .mp3 files for audio books, my .mp3 files are always missing some random beginning amount of the .txt file. I have tried starting at first article, starting at cursor, current article etc., same problem. Some random portion at the beginning of the .txt file is missing from the mp3 file. Sometimes a few pages are missing, sometimes half of the first chapter, sometimes the mp3 recording will start in the middle of a word. The error does not happen in the same location of the text each time I try. I did copy the first chapter of a book to a different .txt file and converted it to mp3 and the mp3 was complete.

Is there some .txt file length restriction?

Additionally, I have TextAloud 3 on a different computer and I tried out the same exact .txt file on TextAound 3, and it ran perfect.

Any additional information or solution would be great.
Jim Bretti

Re: beginning of .txt file missing from .mp3 conversion

Post by Jim Bretti »

The best place to start debugging this with a TextAloud problem report. Please duplicate the problem, then from the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just mention this issue briefly in the problem report text.

I may need more information from you but this is should get us started.

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jane1book

Re: beginning of .txt file missing from .mp3 conversion

Post by Jane1book »

Jim, thank you so much for your response. I will do that when I reinstall Textaloud4. Right now I have copied my dictionary and reinstalled Textaloud3 and I am working great.

Warmest regards, Jane1book