TextAloud 5.0.56

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

thwua90

TextAloud 5.0.56

Post by thwua90 »

After i updated to version 4.0.56, the app does got crashed. Returned to 0.55, it works. Why?
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud 5.0.56

Post by Jim Bretti »

I don't know why 4.0.56 would crash and 4.0.55 would work for you. If you're able to, would you install the 4.0.56 version again and duplicate the crash? If the crash prompts you to send an error report please send it. If you are not prompted to send an error report, recover from the error, and send a problem report manually ... from the main window click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and mention this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
thwua90

Post by thwua90 »

The same error? I updated to version 4.0.57, and it popped up with this:
Speech Error: SSML, input not valid, cannot find 'speak' element.
Please contact...
Then I returned to 4.0.55. it works well!
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

There are no fixes in 4.0.57 related to this issue. I don't know what is causing the problem, we haven't had the problem reported from other customers and I'm not able to duplicate myself. If you can duplicate the issue in version 4.0.57 and send a problem report it would help with figuring out what is causing this.

If a problem report isn't automatically generated when the problem happens, you can send a problem report manually after the error is displayed. From the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and mention this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
thwua90

Post by thwua90 »

I removed the square brackets [ ] from the first line of the dialogue and it worked. Why?
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

That helps but I don't know what is causing the problem. Please do this .... place the square brackets back in your text, duplicate the problem, and send a TextAloud problem report (Help -> Support -> Report A Problem)

It would also help if I could see the text if possible. If you're able to send the text, and the text is in a TextAloud article, use File -> Save Article As Text File. Attach the article to an email and send to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com