New computer but have not thus far been able to bring TextAloud over from it

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Regie

New computer but have not thus far been able to bring TextAloud over from it

Post by Regie »

I could probably get the ID from Mr. Bretti but my dictionary would be a great loss.
Mr. Jim Bretti - can you email me my ID to rhodesscholar39@gmail.com just in case I cannot get the program via a remote desktop connection?
Jim Bretti

Re: New computer but have not thus far been able to bring TextAloud over from it

Post by Jim Bretti »

The best thing to do if you're moving TextAloud to a new machine is just install TextAloud on the new machine, using a normal TextAloud installer, then copy your dictionaries over. So on the new machine, install TextAloud using the installer at https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe

If you've purchased voices, install the voices on the new machine using voice installers you received.

Then on the old machine, create an empty directory to contain dictionary export files. Run TextAloud on the old machine and display the Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance Dialog. In the left panel select all your dictionaries, and from dictionary dialog menu, click File -> Export. Select the dictionary you just created to export the selected dictionaries.

Next, copy the export directory to your new machine. Run TextAloud pronunciation dictionary maintenance on the new machine, and click File -> Import to import the dictionaries.

Let me know if you need help
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Regie

Re: New computer but have not thus far been able to bring TextAloud over from it

Post by Regie »

Thank you very much for your reply. I much appreciate it and look forward to much further use of your excellent program.