How do I set the default voice, when reading online.

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

MikeHawthorne

How do I set the default voice, when reading online.

Post by MikeHawthorne »

That's my question, no matter which voice I set as default in the program. When I highlight text and have it read, it uses a voice other than the voice I want it to use.

I want it to use the Lucy voice from Acapella.
Quantum

Re: How do I set the default voice, when reading online.

Post by Quantum »

In TA4, opening TextAloud and shrinking to the taskbar brings up the floating toolbar. For reading highlighted text with 'mousewatch' enabled I think that you can set the voice you require in the toolbar.
Quantum aka DaveH
gila123

Post by gila123 »

Changing the voice on the floating toolbar doesn't work for me
Using version 4.0.67
also changed the default in windows setting
It works only on office 365 products but not on Chrome
Please help
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you're using the TextAloud extension for Chrome, one way to handle this is in the extension, set the voice to "TextAloud Voice". You can also configure the voice used by the TextAloud floating toolbar like this. Then set the default voice in the TextAloud application. You can use the Settings dialog to change the default voice, or configure system wide hotkeys in TextAloud to change the default voice. Once the default voice has been changed in the TextAloud application, the floating toolbar and any extensions configured with Voice = "TextAloud Voice" should automatically use the default voice configured in TextAloud settings.

Does that help?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com