can speak the txt file when I double click on it?

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

carlo1967

can speak the txt file when I double click on it?

Post by carlo1967 »

hi
I have TextAloud 4.0.69 for trial.
I have a question

I got lots of txt files
I am wondering if the TextAloud can speak the txt file when I double click on it? [the txt file]
Jim Bretti

Re: can speak the txt file when I double click on it?

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is currently not a way to do this. Its a good idea and we'll add to the list to be looked at in a future release.

Currently if you right click a file that TextAloud supports, the popup menu displayed should contain an entry labeled "Open with TextAloud". You can also drag files from Windows Explorer to the TextAloud main window. There is option in TextAloud Settings to speak new articles automatically that may help, the option is a checkbox labeled "Speak New Articles Automatically"

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
carlo1967

Post by carlo1967 »

"Speak New Articles Automatically" doesn't work
Aliya77

Post by Aliya77 »

carlo1967 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:58 am hi
I have TextAloud 4.0.69 for trial.
I have a question

I got lots of txt files
I am wondering if the TextAloud can speak the txt file when I double click on it? [the txt file]
Hi guys

TextAloud 4.0.69 can't directly associate itself with double-clicking on a txt file to automatically speak it.Free Fire
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

carlo1967 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:51 am "Speak New Articles Automatically" doesn't work
We don't know of any issues with the option to speak new articles automatically. If you happen to be using an older version of TextAloud, try updating to the current version, 4.0.69 from our download page https://nextup.com/download.html

If that doesn't help please give me steps on how to duplicate the issue if you can. It may have something to do with exactly how you're creating new articles.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com