Cut vs Copy

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Sniffles

Cut vs Copy

Post by Sniffles »

Install the new version today and I've been having a lot of problems if I highlight some text and cut it. It won't do anything it leaves the line there; I physically have hit the delete key on my keyboard to remove the line. Copy works fine. When I closed the program, everything works correctly as normal. It's something to do with the new version that won't allow you to cut. Also when I open the program it actually takes a few minutes to physically open up.

Any ideas,
Sniffles
Sniffles

Re: Cut vs Copy

Post by Sniffles »

OK I found out why it was booting up slow, because I had a ton of articles archived. I deleted all those and now the program opens correctly but I'm still having the issue when you highlight and tried to cut align out of your document it doesn't do anything.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

We haven't heard of any issues with using the Cut function in the TextAloud main window, and I can't seem to duplicate the problem myself. Would you please duplicate the problem, then send a TextAloud problem report? From the TextAloud main menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and mention this issue briefly in the problem report text. Hopefully logs in the report will give me an idea of what is happening.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Krakenn

Post by Krakenn »

Hi,
I had the same problem, I uninstalled/reinstalled TextAloud and I haven't had this problem since
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thats really odd, I'm haven't been able to duplicate. If you see the problem again please send a TextAloud problem report. From the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem.

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com