pausing problem with copied content

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

BlindGuy99

pausing problem with copied content

Post by BlindGuy99 »

Hello,
Can I prevent TextAloud voices from pausing mid-sentence when a new line (carriage return) is encountered in copied content? I experienced this issue most recently while reading a history-related article located here:
https://www.historynet.com/how-a-u-boat ... -squad.htm
Examples of pauses near beginning of the article, after being copied into TextAloud, include "the Third Reich" and "classical art".

This problem is not limited to a specific voice or copied content from a specific web site. Although I have Acapela Heather set as my default TA voice currently, I experienced the same pausing problem last week after copying an article from a different web site and trying to read it with the Tom voice from Nuance. I have the most recent version of TA version 4 installed.

I would appreciate some guidance on problem resolution.
Jim Bretti

Re: pausing problem with copied content

Post by Jim Bretti »

I'm having trouble duplicating the pause issue myself, I'm not sure what could be causing it. If you can duplicate the problem, would you please send a TextAloud problem report after speaking the text? From the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and just mention this issue briefly in the problem report text.

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
PHenry1026

Post by PHenry1026 »

This a well know problem with Acapela voices (especially Acapela American voices). The pause is caused by the double quotes (").

I am very sure I posted on this issue sometime ago or raised the issue with TextAloud.

Since I am stuck using Acapela 8.25 because of its superior Lexicon Editor, I just assumed this problem was fixed in Acapela updates.

Percy Henry
BlindGuy99

Post by BlindGuy99 »

I just found the source of my reported issue. Under Settings, automatic pauses, I had apparently selected "pause at one or more new line characters" at some point in the past then forgotten about it. Unchecking that option caused my problem to go away.