Browser extension issues

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Aldibar

Browser extension issues

Post by Aldibar »

Recently I restored my PC and had to go through reinstalling and re-customizing everything and when I installed Text Aloud 4.0.50.3 the firefox extensions did not show up in my browsers extensions page. I did have the installer on the 'full installation' setting so the extensions should have been installed. I think I did my due diligence and looked for help on this website and followed the directions in the FAQ. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times to no avail. I googled and looked to see if anyone else has had this problem but no. I looked hrough all the menus in Text Aloud but did not see any way to just reinstall the extensions, which would be a good addition to the software if the extensions are needed after installation. My last recourse is to ask for help here. I could have emailed support but figured if this can be worked out in the forum it may help someone in the future. I'm currently running Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Bretti

Re: Browser extension issues

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you haven't seen the forum post at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6554 try looking there. Mozilla dropped support for installing extensions from application installers, you have to install the extension differently now. There are installation instructions at the post I mentioned, let me know if you run into problems.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Aldibar

Re: Browser extension issues

Post by Aldibar »

Thank You! The web installer worked. I will make notes to remind me next time.

Thanks again!