Word Highlighting in Microsoft Word Creates a lot of Undo's

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

BookishBoy

Word Highlighting in Microsoft Word Creates a lot of Undo's

Post by BookishBoy »

When installing Textaloud 4, I installed the Microsoft Word plugin. In the plugin settings, I set it to highlight the current sentence being read. This works great except that it creates a huge string of undoable highlight actions in the Word doc. Is there any way to make the sentence highlighting NOT create an undoable action in Word, whether by using Word or Textaloud settings? If not, it would be great to see this addressed by Textaloud in an update. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Jim Bretti

Re: Word Highlighting in Microsoft Word Creates a lot of Undo's

Post by Jim Bretti »

It sounds like you have run across a bug in the highlighting code. If you happen to be using black as the highlighting color, can you try using a different color and see if that makes any difference? It is possible the problem is related to using the black default.

Let me know and I'll get a fix out soon.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
BookishBoy

Post by BookishBoy »

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, the problem exists no matter which highlight color I select. I look forward to the fix coming out soon!
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

It is odd that you're seeing the problem with every color, there is something else we're missing. Is it possible for you to email me a sample document where you're able to duplicate the issue using a color other than black? If you're able to send a sample, send it to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Ural4320

Post by Ural4320 »

Meanwhile, switching from black to another highlighting color solved my issue! We did get TA4 at work and were using it on one of our reports about the Greek residence permit https://tranio.com/greece/residence/ to check it for errors while doing something else at the same time, and highlighting caused some issues. They're all gone now!
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is an update to fix Microsoft Word highlighting issues in TextAloud 4.0.55.2, at https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe. If you see any other highlighting issues in the Word addon try installing this update.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Ural4320

Post by Ural4320 »

You're right, I was an update late when the program was installed.