"Silence at end of Audio File" set not working

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

jsun2020

"Silence at end of Audio File" set not working

Post by jsun2020 »

Hello, there are around 1.5 seconds silence time at end of my audio file, from "TextAloud" settings "Audio File Options", I specially set 0 seconds for "Silence at end of Audio File" option, but it is not working when playing it, the "1.5 seconds" silence still there at the end. Please advise. Thanks so much in advance. -James
Jim Bretti

Re: "Silence at end of Audio File" set not working

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you're hearing a 1.5 second pause with 'silence at end of audio file' set to 0, it sounds like something else may be adding the pause.

If you have created pronunciation dictionaries or if you're using TextAloud speaking rules, try temporarily disabling your pronunciation dictionaries and any speaking rules you're using. Its possible that either a dictionary entry or speaking rule is causing the pause.

If that doesn't help can you let me know what voice you're having the issue with?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
jsun2020

Re: "Silence at end of Audio File" set not working

Post by jsun2020 »

Just checked, no any pause added and no pronunciation dictionaries/speaking rules, just regular wav files I created from TextAloud.
Just created another two test audio files from TextAloud and sent to you by email. Thanks so much for your help :)