Short key setups

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

RhodesScholar

Short key setups

Post by RhodesScholar »

I don't know if I have correctly worded this or not, but my question is whether an alt or ctrl, etc. letter combination could set up such as a quick short cut to very often switching from a voice such as Microsoft David to Zira or Ivona Joey.
I tried to setup a hotkey of alt z for Zira and ctrl j for Joey and it told me it was ok. Now I do not know how to highlight the text or whatever to get it to change the voices. Thanks.
Jim Bretti

Re: Short key setups

Post by Jim Bretti »

Are you referring to the system wide hotkey "Change Default Voice"? If thats the hotkey you're referring to, that hotkey just allows you to quickly change the default voice TextAloud uses for speaking text.

If you're trying to use voice change tags in the TextAloud main window, you can create keyboard shortcuts (not hotkeys) for the change voice tags available under the TextAloud menu Insert Tags -> Voice Change. For example if you create a keyboard shortcuts for the three voices you mentioned (David, Zira and Ivona Joey), you could then select text in a TextAloud article, then use one of the three shortcuts to surround the selected text with a voice change tag.

Does that answer your question?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com