Crackling On New Computer

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

andrewbell

Crackling On New Computer

Post by andrewbell »

Hello, recently bought a new computer and textaloud crackles, I have literally tried enable and disabling every setting I can find including every single thing in advanced settings to test and it still crackles.

I have had to switch to balabolka for now which does not crackle but is missing a few features I love with textaloud, maybe textaloud has some issues with new drivers? the comp is a Lenovo legion 7 slim, i7, nividia. Textaloud is the only thing that crackles out of any application I have used.
Jim Bretti

Re: Crackling On New Computer

Post by Jim Bretti »

Not sure what the problem could be, we haven't heard of this issue that I can remember.

It might help if you duplicate the crackling issue and send a TextAloud problem report right after the problem occurs. To send the report, from the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just reference this issue briefly in the problem report text. I'll keep an eye out for the report and let you know what I find.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
andrewbell

Re: Crackling On New Computer

Post by andrewbell »

Sent. Fyi doing some debugging noticed this only happens with Microsoft voices in textaloud, not other voices. With balabolka the Microsoft voices work just fine but sound a bit louded and more defined, I tried messing with pitch and volume but that does not seem to be the issue.