Error Prompt

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

RandyCrager

Error Prompt

Post by RandyCrager »

I still have that Error Prompt that pops up and have searched high and low for an answer to no avail. If I am listening to a story that is say four pages long loaded as a text file at about 29 paragraphs the voice stops and the prompt shows up. I reposition the cursor to the next word and press F4 and the voice continues. I'm not sure but I think that the next time I get the prompt the voice lasts only to about 25 paragraphs. Less each time until the file is finished. Doesn't matter what voice I used, even the two new voices I just purchased from NextUp. Prompt reads as follows: [Speech Error: Catastrophic failure (8000FFFF). Probably my PC needing a Microsoft Update but it always tells me I'm 'Up to Date.' I run the Enterprise Ed. LTSC. I'm not asking for you to figure it out but maybe someone will have experienced it and found a solution!
Jim Bretti

Re: Error Prompt

Post by Jim Bretti »

Not sure what could be causing the problem. If you can duplicate the problem and send a TextAloud problem report it may help. After the problem happens, go to the TextAloud menu and click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just mention this issue briefly in the problem report text
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
RandyCrager

Re: Error Prompt

Post by RandyCrager »

I never did find the reason for the error. Almost no info even from Microsoft but that is understandable. So I Made a decision to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro even after reading about all the nightmare reported by users. I installed Windows 11 Pro 22H2 after learning how to strip it of all the bloatware and telemetry. Running very well with 8 Cores and Text Aloud 4 is working like a charm. So Moderator Jim Can close out this topic for good. Thanks Jim Bretti for trying even though I don't think there was a fix other than the Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro! Bye