highlight word not follow after ),or )。

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

yst

highlight word not follow after ),or )。

Post by yst »

Hello:

I have two problem when using textaloud,now I run it in window 7 64 bit computer,

Problem 1: I used to listen to Chinese BIG5 voice ,when encounter following words,(all of them are combination of two punctautions)
),
)。
:『
);
)。

will have the same problem,that is the highligted word will stop there,just after the chinese word(the chinese word before closed quatation mark),,I tried to used pronounciation editor ,every methods I tried (no word boudary or word boundary required,skipped text etc,respell)all combinations has failed ,the highlighted word while speaking just paused there,but the voice still is speaking the exact word next to it ,only the highlighted function stop there.

I found I have to manually replace the ), to , or )from the article,how do you find a solution to make it more human friendly,because I many chinese acticles have this quatation mark followed by a comma in a full pitch (not half pitch word) ,

but some other word without any problem like--------,)-----------,(a comma before closed quatation mark),why they are different ,this one the highlight word can jump after word as normal,I think any pronuction BEFORE this )have no problem,but only have problem when pronuction AFTER ),like the previous two example: ---------), and )。

Problem 2:
I use the textaloud plugin from the microsoft word 2010 ,sometimes the speak selected button will grey out while I highligted and selected word(read aloud chinese BIG5 document),it is especially true after 1 to 2 hours after read aloud,that mean the selected button can used only in the first 2 to 3 hours,but after that time ,it will grey out,I have to very careful not to open too much application to prevent this happen ,because I suspect this has cause it happen,

because speak from selected word will faster than speak from cursor,(especially if the document very large),therefore wish you can find a solution to this bug problem,my computer is the newest and have quad system which mean it is the powerful computer in the current market,and I usually only open a web browser and emule while using word 2010,but I have to admit I usually have 5 word document opened at the same time.

because of the missing of selected word speak aloud,I try to copy the selected text to textaloud internal ,but this will cause the formated text became like this:

"because of the missing of selected word speak aloud,I try to copy the selected text to
aloud,I try
copy the selected text to missing of selected word speak almputer is the newest and hav
text to
10,but I have to admit I usually have 5 word document opened at the same time.
ord documen"

that is one line is very short after a very line ,and then after a very short only two words line,if text aloud have a function to make it word wrap etc,it will
be more comfortable to paste word from doc,

another workaround is closed all the opened word ,closed textaloud,close firefox(which have textaloud plugin).makesure all is closed from the task manager,then reopened them ,now the selected button reappear ,(but only reappear after speak from cursor at the first time,each doc like this procedure can reappear the selected button)
but this method is too stupid,
and the problem will rehappen after long time of used ,like previous said

thanks in advance
Jim Bretti

Re: highlight word not follow after ),or )。

Post by Jim Bretti »

On problem (2), I have an idea of what is causing the problem, and working on fix. I'll try to have fix ready to try in next build (3.0.3), and will post here when it is ready to try.

On problem (1), are you having these problems with the Sin-Ji voice? If so, these punctuation characters are known to cause problems with word highlighting, we're hoping that a future version of Sin-Ji fixes this. Until a fix is available, are you able to get the highlighting to work by substituting western punctuation characters? For example, for the right parenthesis character, can you try substituting ascii x'29' ) for the unicode character x'FF09' )... does that solve the problem with the right parenthesis character?

I'm trying to figure out if we can come up with some way of remapping the characters that are causing trouble, and fixing the problem with a pronunciation dictionary that is specifically for this voice.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
yst

Post by yst »

Until a fix is available, are you able to get the highlighting to work by substituting western punctuation characters? For example, for the right parenthesis character, can you try substituting ascii x'29' ) for the unicode character x'FF09' )... does that solve the problem with the right parenthesis character?
I try to subsituting ) for ),but not success ,highlighting do not even reach the right parenthesis character

thanks you ,I will wait for your fix in future version.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

For the highlighting problem, try this. Duplicate the problem in a small article and use File -> Save Article AS Text to save the article to a text file. Then send the text file to me at jim@nextup.com and I'll take a look at it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

For problem (2), the problem with enabling the speak selected text button, TA version 3.0.3 should fix this. Please try downloading the latest version of TextAloud from http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe and let me know if you continue having the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
yst

Post by yst »

I am happy to tell you most of the punctuation problem have been corrected by using western punctuation and regular expression ,thanks your help!

,「=====(_)「
;「=====(_)「
:「=====(_)「
。「=====.'