Word 2007 Toolbar Glitches

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

ricksd

Word 2007 Toolbar Glitches

Post by ricksd »

The following problems with the Toolbar in Word 2007 exist:

1. Voice won’t change on the fly (immediately) if selected while TextAloud is reading.
2. While reading if you resize document with (Word) slider in lower right corner and use PgUp or PgDn to find place; the Highlight Word gets lost and then will highlight words in the wrong paragraph.
3. Word Highlight tracking stops when you go (click) to a different window such as a browser. Highlight tracking only works if Word is the Active Window.
4. If a different username logs into Windows then the TextAloud Toolbar does not show up in Word. I can manually add it by going to Word Options -> Addins -> Manage: COM Add-ins -> Add -> C:\Program Files\TextAloud\TAForWord.dll (but this is a hastle since we have numerous college students logging into the computer)

I'm using TA 3.0.2 on Windows 7 with Word 2007 SP2.
Jim Bretti

Re: Word 2007 Toolbar Glitches

Post by Jim Bretti »

I need to investigate issues (2) and (3). I'll try to get voice changing on the fly (issue 1) working in one of the next builds. For Issue 4, registering the toolbar for all users ... this has been fixed in the latest TextAloud build. You can download from http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Another glitch arises with text boxes. TA3 seems to simply ignore them.

I think this was working OK in an early version in the beta phase but needs looking at again.

I'm using WORD 2007 with Windows XP
Dave UK
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I just placed an updated version of TextAloud at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe that should fix the problem with voice changing on the fly (issue 1)
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com