TA3.10 abruptly stops speaking in middle of article.

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Tom_Gannon

TA3.10 abruptly stops speaking in middle of article.

Post by Tom_Gannon »

Hi,
I am a long time customer and I use TA to turn e-book short stories into audio-dramas to listen to on my iPod. I have about 20 voices total, some AT&T, some Acapela, some Cepstral, some NeoSpeech. So I really love the voice tags.

The problem I am having does not happen with most text I convert to audio, but I have run into this with approximately 3 text files out of 100. That is that TA will be reading the article (Aloud or To File, it does not matter which.) and will suddenly in the middle of the article stop speaking. Well if it is reading aloud it stops speaking and the high lighting will freeze on the last word spoken, but if it is reading to a file, the file will be closed on that same word in the middle of the text. When it does this while it is reading aloud, if I click my cursor on the next word beyond where it stopped, and then click read from curor aloud, it will continue on reading the rest of the text to the end. But I do not have the option of doing that when it is reading to file.

The most recent text it did this with is the HP Lovecraft story, "Whisperer in Darkness" where I was only using 2 Acapela UK english voices Peter and Graham. But I have had the same problem twice before with other short stories where I was using a variety of other voices.

Has this happened to anyone else? I only noticed it with "Whisperer in Darkness" because the MP3 file was way too small, and I found it by having it read the article aloud.
Jim Bretti

Re: TA3.10 abruptly stops speaking in middle of article.

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Tom,

Are you able to duplicate this problem consistently with one article ? Probably the best thing to do to start would be to look at some debug information. The next time you see this problem occur, go to the TextAloud main window and click Help -> Open Data Folder. Locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg, attach the files to an email, and send them to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com