Pause duration problem

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Louise

Pause duration problem

Post by Louise »

I am totally new to Textaloud so apologies if ignorance is causing my problem. I have been trying to add pauses of different lengths between sections of text and thought I was doing really well (they appear to be the required length correct on screen) but when I played back I found all the pauses were roughly 12 secs. One time they seemed to be correct so I thought it had sorted itself though i've no idea why. So I continued adding pauses in other articles and found the same is happening again. I'm using Rachel acapela and what I assume is the latest version of TextAloud 3.0.16. I've also had a few problems with altering pronunciation but will save those for a separate post.

Enjoying the program so far and finding it very useful though for study!

Louise
Louise

Re: Pause duration problem/ more info

Post by Louise »

I have tried playing my files with different voices now and the pauses are accurate for Microsoft Anna and a couple of old British voices I have downloaded but not for Acapela Rachel which is really disappointing. I bought this program to be able to test myself by getting a voice to narrate questions and leave me a long enough gap to respond. So is there a way i can tweak this or have I wasted my money on this voice. If so can anyone recommend a voice preferably British and not too pompous (!) that will allow me to insert pauses that vary in length. They are all 12 seconds long when Rachel speaks! I wasn't really clear about what differences applied to what brand of voices from what I read on the website. Is there an advantage in buying AT&T voices for example?

Thanks in advance,
Louise
Jim Bretti

Re: Pause duration problem

Post by Jim Bretti »

This could be a problem with the Acapela Rachel install, but we're debugging via email.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com