how to skip ENGLISH

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

yst

how to skip ENGLISH

Post by yst »

Hello:

I have a chinese sapi that not good at english speaking( character by character),
therefore I want to skip speaking ENGLISH,how to setup so that ONLY chinese and digital character will be speaked?

thanks
Jim Bretti

Re: how to skip ENGLISH

Post by Jim Bretti »

I think you could do this using the pronunciation editor. From the TextAloud menu, click Tools -> Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance. Since you'd only want to perform this when a Chinese voice is speaking, you should probably create a new dictionary, and for the Dictionary Associations, set the Language dropdown to Chinese. This way, if you happen to use other languages they will not be affected.

In your Chinese dictionary, create a dictionary entry. Set the Text Matching dropdown to "Regular Expression", and use the following regular expression:

[a-z]+

Then, set Pronounce Using to "Skip Text", and make sure the Case Sensitive checkbox is *not* checked.

The result should be that whenever a Chinese voice is being used and this dictionary / dictionary entry is active, all characters in the range [a-z] should be skipped.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
yst

Re: how to skip ENGLISH

Post by yst »

very thanks you !