Virus Crash Damage

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

justclox

Virus Crash Damage

Post by justclox »

Hello,

I got hit by a virus and before I realised and switched the machine off Quite a bit of data and programs were damaged. Luckily TextAloud was not damaged, but I have lost the voices. Luckily I have another computer running Windows 7 and I found an old copy of TextAloud (2.321) and it has all of the voices - Scansoft Daniel, Moira and Serena. I hope I have traced these down to two files (NextUp-Acapela Mulitmedia & NextUp_ScanSoft). Only thing is that I don't know how to tell TextAloud that these two directories are now in the Program Files (x86) Directory. How do I get the program to acknowledge the voices file?
Best regards,

Alistair
Somerset UK
Jim Bretti

Re: Virus Crash Damage

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Alistair

Have you installed the voices on the Windows 7 system? TextAloud should recognize the voices once they're installed. If you've installed the voices and TextAloud is not seeing them, send me an email at jim@nextup.com and we'll take a look at it. It would help if you include TextAloud debug information with your email ... from the TextAloud main window, click Help -> Open Data Folder, locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg and attach them to your reply.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
justclox

Re: Virus Crash Damage

Post by justclox »

Thanks Jim.

I found (quite unexpectedly) a backup disk in a drawer, and there were my three voices. They are now happilly restored to full splendor and working a treat. I don't even remember making that backup.

Best regards,

Alistair
Best regards,

Alistair
Somerset UK