Can't save audio to file? 2 Errors

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

glenj

Can't save audio to file? 2 Errors

Post by glenj »

Hi Jim,

I have text that I've already put to audio that is now having problems being redone.

I will receive "BASS_Init failed, Error = 14" on clicking "To File." If I get passed this though after repeated attempts, it will either:

save 43% of the audio and then quit, or,

give me the message, "The File "C:\Users\...mp3" is currently open by another application.

I have shut down and restarted my computer twice without opening up any other programs.

Appreciate your help,

G
Jim Bretti

Re: Can't save audio to file? 2 Errors

Post by Jim Bretti »

One possibility is that the problem is related to your antivirus. So one thing you could try is temporarily disable your antivirus, and see if that makes any difference.

If disabling your antivirus does not help, are you able to delete/rename the mp3 file when you see the "file is currently open" message?

Also, are you having any problems writing new audio files?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
glenj

Post by glenj »

Hi Jim,

Neither seemed to solve the problem.

Turned of antivirus...same problem.
Opened a new article...same problem. quit at 43% again.

Cheers.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Not sure what this could be, probably need to get some debug information from your system to figure out what is happening. Please duplicate the problem, then , from the TextAloud main menu, click Help -> Open Data Folder. Locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg, attach the files to an email and send them to me at jim@nextup.com

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com