option to hide cursor? is there a full screen mode?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

kraemder

option to hide cursor? is there a full screen mode?

Post by kraemder »

Pretty much what the title says. I'd like to just hide the cursor while TA is reading to me. I changed the background/foreground to black background and a gray foreground. It's easier on my eyes since my floaters blend into the background this way. But the cursor is white (with default settings it blends with the highlighted word and you can't see it) and sticks out and it's a little annoying. I noticed that if I change the active window the cursor goes away but I'm actually using TA3 on my ipad2 via remote access and it's not so convenient to switch active window while keeping TA maximized unfortunately.

Also, is there a full screen mode I can toggle like you can with a web browser?
Jim Bretti

Re: option to hide cursor? is there a full screen mode?

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is not an option anywhere in TextAloud that lets you hide the cursor, but I just placed an update at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe that should do what you're looking for. The update automatically hides the cursor when speaking and word highlighting is enabled. Please give it a try when you can and let me know if you run into any problems.

There is not a fullscreen option (other than maximizing the TA main window). A full screen option that worked similar to full screen option in a web browser is great idea though ... I'll look into it and see if we can pick it up in a future version.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
kraemder

Post by kraemder »

It's working perfectly so far. I'll let you know if I have any issues. Thanks!
kraemder

Post by kraemder »

It works great. I haven't had any issues and I've read a couple books the past few days with TA3.