Updated Add-on for Updated Firefox

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

The Big Lebowski

Updated Add-on for Updated Firefox

Post by The Big Lebowski »

Well it seems to be that time of the month again when Firefox puts out a brand new version with likely very little in the way of useful new functionality coupled I'm sure with some major headaches for add-on developers. Now that Firefox 19 is out TextAloud 3 Toolbar 3.0.3 is no longer supported. Is a new version of your toolbar available yet, and if so, how would one get a copy of it? I'm not so knowledgeable about what it takes to keep Firefox add-ons up to date in the face of their constant deluge of new versions, but I wonder if it might be possible to set up an easier system for the user to obtain your latest Toolbar updates, either with an option for automatic updates, or by linking to an area of your website via the Toolbar's "more information" page to download the latest update manually. You guys are always on top of it so I know I'm not telling you anything you haven't already thought of, but there it is. Keep up the good work NextUp.

Yours Truly,
The Dude

Edit: Since posting this literally a few hours ago, Firefox updated to 19.0.2, just FYI.
Jim Bretti

Re: Updated Add-on for Updated Firefox

Post by Jim Bretti »

We try to keep TextAloud current with the version of Firefox in beta. So when Firefox releases a new version, you can either visit the TextAloud download page (http://www.nextup.com/download.html) or the Announcement post for this forum to see if a new version of TextAloud is available. If you're on the Firefox beta channel we usually have TextAloud updated shortly after a new beta version is released, but it may take a day or two depending on if we need to make changes. The current version of TextAloud, version 3.0.54, supports versions of Firefox through version 20.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com